Monday, July 17, 2017

Day 8


July 16, 2017



We are finally getting a rest day. Thank goodness  because I think everyone was already feeling drained. We had the chance to wake up until 10am but Brenda and I woke up at 8:30 am to get some exercise in. We were going to do some burpees over a bench. So, we walked around to find a bench that would work. Once we found a bench we stretched, put on some music on, and had the timer ready. I did the first burpee, jumped over the bench, got down to do my second burpee and on my way up I felt a sharp pain on my right leg. As I looked down I saw a swarm of bees all over my legs. I had stepped on their beehive! I ran as fast as I could, grabbing Brenda’s bag as I ran. When I looked back Brenda was still there trying to grab my phone. We both finally got to a tree on the other side, trying to catch our breath while we laughed. Take two, we decided to try again. I did my burpees, my squats, and next was the run. I ran to the tree across from us and when I was running back two dogs started chasing me. I freaked out and started running faster and Brenda started screaming at me to stop. As scared as I was, because I had already been chased and bitten by a dog before, I listened to Brenda and stopped. The dogs then just walked around me and then towards Brenda. Brenda tried getting them to leave but with no success and the fact that they almost peed on Brenda’s bag, we decided to just stop. Brenda decided to get in the shower while I proceeded to just workout in the bathroom. Even though it was the most awkward place to work out I was going to make it count. We were supposed to go see the sunset but stayed we got lost and missed it Taylor had been wanting Brenda and I to stay up and play Uno so we decided to stay up and hopefully catch a glimpse of the Northern lights. It’s crazy how close  we have gotten around each other. Not just us but everyone in this group. We all have different background and have been able to give help and advice to others. And make each other laugh. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment