Saturday, July 22, 2017

Day 14


Final day!

We woke up and checked our traps once again. Only two groups had caught something. And ours was one of them. We caught one little female mouse. It was cool to see just how smart animals are because we had put a lot of peanut butter in our trap and all of it was gone but only one mouse was caught.

This adventure has now come to an end. It was such an amazing experience to learn about Native culture but also see just how much they are trying to care for the environment. And getting to see all these beautiful places that I had never seen. This trip has definitely opened up my mind and made me realize just how many jobs there actually is in environmental science. But for now it is time to get back home to my kiddos. My son called me and said he had already forgotten what I look like.


Thank you to all the teachers for your hard work. For putting this amazing trip together. For putting up with some of us when we took too long to get in the car, Mike. When they locked the keys I the car, Taylor. Or for having to carry a little extra weight in your bag, Pedro. We all really thank you because if it wasn’t for all of you we would not have had the opportunity to experience such an amazing trip.

Thank you to all the White Swan high schoolers. For making this trip really enjoyable. It was great getting to know all of you and seeing how interested you guys were in helping the environment. I’m pretty sure you will all go a long way.

Thank you to all the Heritage students. It was great knowing all of you. Hope to continue seeing you guys on campus. And can’t wait to see the change each and everyone of you will have on our community.

POBR2K17



No comments:

Post a Comment